The following provisions apply to user-generated content posted to or submitted for posting to the Journal Watch website (“Journal Watch”). By submitting content to Journal Watch, you agree to the following provisions, which may be amended from time to time.
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you post or submit. You agree that you will not post or submit any content that (i) is defamatory, obscene, or abusive, (ii) violates or infringes upon the proprietary, publicity, or privacy rights of any third party, (iii) violates or encourages the violation of any applicable local, state, national, or international law, rule, or regulation, or (iv) is otherwise inappropriate. You agree not to post or submit any personal information of another (including, without limitation, Protected Health Information). You will indemnify the Massachusetts Medical Society (“MMS”) from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the content you post or submit. You understand and agree that MMS is not responsible for content posted or submitted for posting by third parties.
- Journal Watch, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject, edit, remove, or otherwise alter any content submitted or posted to Journal Watch for any reason. MMS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revoke a user’s privilege to post content to Journal Watch.
- By posting or submitting content to Journal Watch, you hereby grant to MMS a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to use, reproduce, sublicense, modify, publicly perform, display, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute that material, in whole or in part, and incorporate it into other MMS publications, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You authorize MMS to publish your name and location (city, state and/or country) in connection with any use of your submission to Journal Watch and, in identifying yourself and location, you represent that you have done so accurately. Once your submission is posted, you will not have the right to have it removed or edited. You understand and agree that user generated content at Journal Watch is intended only to provide general information concerning medical conditions and treatments. This information is not a substitute for medical attention or advice from your health-care provider. MMS does not endorse or make any representations as to the reliability or accuracy of any user-generated content posted or submitted to Journal Watch. You are fully responsible for your own use of such content.
- You agree to post or submit content to Journal Watch sites only for non-commercial purposes.
- Submissions to Journal Watch sites must be comprehensible and written in the English language.
- You agree that you have disclosed any relevant competing interests that, when broadly viewed, could be construed as a conflict of interest or the appearance thereof including, without limitation, financial or beneficial conflicts of interest, employment relationships, and affiliations with other entities or interests.