Search for stroke unit care in all Journal Watch editions
Physician-authored summaries on the latest research on stroke unit care, editorials on stroke unit care, and perspectives on stroke unit care - drawn from the top medical journals.
- Two studies help to crystallize these standards of care in acute stroke.
- Chalela JA et al., Lancet 2007 Jan 27; 369:293-8. Candelise L et al., Lancet 2007 Jan 27; 369:299-305. Donnan GA et al., Lancet 2007 Jan 27; 369:252-4.
- Patients admitted to stroke units were less likely to die or to be disabled than were those admitted to conventional wards.
- Candelise L et al., Lancet 2007 Jan 27; 369:299-305. Rothwell PM., Lancet 2007 Jan 27; 369:254-5.
The effectiveness of organized inpatient care for stroke is still a matter of debate. These researchers systematically reviewed randomized trials that compared inpatient stroke units . . .
- May 23, 1997
- KI Marton
- General Medicine
- Stroke Unit Trialists' Collaboration., BMJ 1997 Apr 19; 314: