Search for obesity treatment in all Journal Watch editions
Physician-authored summaries on the latest research on obesity treatment, editorials on obesity treatment, and perspectives on obesity treatment - drawn from the top medical journals.
Risk factors for the development of bulimia nervosa include childhood obesity and, according to some studies, dieting. Prevention of both obesity and eating disorders is . . .
- September 6, 2001
- A Davis
- Women's Health
- Epstein LH et al., J Pediatr 2001 Jul; 139:
A combination of phentermine and topiramate appears to be an effective obesity treatment, according to a phase III, industry-conducted trial published in the Lancet...
- April 11, 2011
- Physician's First Watch
- Gastric banding works in severely obese teens but is associated with significant risk for complications.
- O'Brien PE et al., JAMA 2010 Feb 10; 303:519. Livingston EH., JAMA 2010 Feb 10; 303:559.
- Overweight and obese people are less likely to perceive themselves as such than in years past.
- Johnson F et al., BMJ 2008 Jul 10; 337:a494.
- And the winners are . . . computer-based coaching, meal-replacement products, and drugs.
- Appel LJ et al., N Engl J Med 2011 Nov 24; 365:1959. Wadden TA et al., N Engl J Med 2011 Nov 24; 365:1969. Yanovski SZ., N Engl J Med 2011 Nov 24; 365:2030.