Last Updated: January 2013
JWATCH.org is owned and operated by the Massachusetts Medical Society (“MMS”)
- Copyright Ownership and Permitted Use. Unless otherwise indicated, the content available through JWATCH.org is protected by copyright and may be used only in accordance with copyright and other applicable laws. Content available through JWATCH.org is for your personal noncommercial use. For permissions information, please refer to JWATCH.org copyright information.
- Trademark Ownership. Massachusetts Medical Society (and logo design), NEJM Journal Watch (and logo design), and NEJM ("MMS Trademarks") are trademarks of MMS. Any use of MMS Trademarks in connection with the sale, offering for sale, distribution, or advertising of any goods or services, which is likely to cause confusion, to cause mistake, or to deceive, is strictly prohibited.
- Website Modifications and Availability. MMS will make reasonable efforts to keep JWATCH.org available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, owing to technical failures, routine maintenance, or other unforeseen circumstances, availability may be limited and MMS will not be responsible for the nonavailability of JWATCH.org. MMS reserves the right to modify, suspend, discontinue, or restrict access to, all or any part of JWATCH.org at any time.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability. Materials published at JWATCH.org are the result of research and/or contribution by independent individuals or organizations. MMS is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any data or conclusions reported in such materials. JWATCH.org is intended for educational, research, and reference purposes only. The content of this publication should not be substituted for the advice of a qualified health care professional. Do not disregard or avoid professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of materials at Journal Watch.
JWATCH.ORG IS PROVIDED "AS IS" ON AN "AS AVAILABLE BASIS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL MMS, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE INABILITY TO USE, OR THE USE OF, JWATCH.ORG, WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES, OR ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF JWATCH.ORG.
- User Generated Content. The following provisions apply to user generated content submitted to JWATCH.org. By submitting content to JWATCH.org, you agree to the following provisions, which may be amended from time to time:
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit. You agree that you will not submit any content that (i) is defamatory, obscene, or abusive, (ii) violates or infringes upon the proprietary, publicity, or privacy rights of any third party, (iii) violates or encourages the violation of any applicable local, state, national, or international law, rule, or regulation, or (iv) is otherwise inappropriate. You agree not to submit any personal information of another (including, without limitation, Protected Health Information). You will indemnify MMS from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the content you submit. You understand and agree that MMS is not responsible for content submitted by third parties.
- The editors of JWATCH.org, in their sole discretion, reserves the right to reject, edit, remove, or otherwise alter any content submitted to JWATCH.org for any reason. MMS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revoke a user’s privilege to post content to JWATCH.org.
- By submitting content to JWATCH.org, you hereby grant to MMS a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to use, reproduce, sublicense, modify, publicly perform, display, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute that material, in whole or in part, and incorporate it into other MMS publications and services, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You authorize MMS to publish your name and location (city, state and/or country) in connection with any use of your submission to JWATCH.org and in identifying yourself and location, you represent that you have done so accurately. Once your submission is posted, you will not have the right to have it removed or edited.
- You agree to submit content to JWATCH.org only for non-commercial purposes.
- Submissions to JWATCH.org must be comprehensible and written in the English language.
- International Use. JWATCH.org is controlled and operated within the United States of America. MMS makes no representation that the materials or services available at or through JWATCH.org are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you access JWATCH.org from outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Endorsements. Descriptions of, references to, or links to other products, publications, or services does not imply endorsement of any kind unless expressly stated by MMS.
- Login Security. Sharing JWATCH.org login information is strictly prohibited.
- Copyright Complaints. MMS respects the intellectual property ownership rights of others. If you believe your work has been reproduced at JWATCH.org in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us by following the instructions in our notice about making claims of copyright infringement.